Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, 28 February 2017

The Biography Of Poe (Nigerian Rapper “LadiPoe Eso”) [Age, Life Profile & Net Worth]

http://ift.tt/2laUgHc

p

LadiPoe Eso popularly known as Poe, is a Nigerian rapper, singer, songwriter and producer. He is currently signed to Mavin Records.

Poe was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria.

When people meet him they do not think he is a rapper, instead they believe he is either an engineer, philosopher, or doctor.

He has intellectual conversations with people he meets which is why people think he is something other than a rapper.

He started getting into music when he started going to college. He went to a college in North Carolina. He met a guy named Jeff that would produce beats, and one day he asked if he could write lyrics for his beats. Poe had no music experience at the time, but he decided to give it a try. His friend Jeff ended up liking his verse. Later he got into music when he formed a group named “Lyrically Equipped” with his friends Jeff and Kurt.

He began to get better at his music when he was in the group.

He was inspired by groups named Little Brother, Slum Village, and Lupe. By hearing those groups, he was fascinated by the creativity of their wordplay. He would use his imagination to come up with his lyrics.

When Poe graduated from college he knew he wanted to continue with his music career. His mother helped introduce him to a guy named Tec from SDC. They played each other songs they had made separately and they automatically clicked and began working together. When he started writing music with “Show Dem Camp (SDC) that is when people started noticing him and really wanting to know more about him and listen to his music.

Although he was not officially part of (SDC) people believed that he was which got him noticed. He is an independent rapper, but he does say that working with (SDC) opened a lot of doors for him. He is grateful for the opportunity to work with them because they are like family to him.

In an interview with AHHB, Poe revealed his background and how he started his music career, he have these to say;

“Well. I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. It’s my home. My family, for the most part, is here. But I didn’t discover ‘my music’ until I was in school. ‘Till college. I had made friends with this called Jeff, and he played me some beats and for some reason I asked if I could write to them. You have to understand, that I had zero experience making music. I was the one growing up that would jot down Naughty by Nature verses and recite them like they were mine. So it was bizarre for me to ask Jeff to lemme write to his beat. I guess I was just moved by what I heard.

It’s ironic, because now that’s what I aim to do with the music I make – move people.

College was in North Carolina, USA

At first I teamed up with my boy Jeff and another guy called Kurt aka KSwiss.

He was a white boy with too much soul.

We formed this group called Lyrically Equipped or LEQ. It’s with them I really honed my skills and got better at rapping.

The fundamentals and all that.
I used to listen to groups like Little Brother, Slum Village, and Lupe. That’s where I got this fascination with wordplay. Forget punchlines – that’s just a side thing. Word play and imagination are what drew me in
But I’d say I didn’t get noticed till I came home and started with Show Dem Camp.

With SDC that’s when people started asking “who is Poe?””

On 28 February 2017, he got signed to Mavin Records.

Always refresh this page for more about Poe biography, age (date of birth), profile and net worth.

* An Uzomedia Biography

Vía Uzomedia http://ift.tt/2lon1eJ


No comments:

Post a Comment