Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday 9 March 2017

Southern Kaduna Senator accuses police of raiding his house

http://ift.tt/2mGYrKa

Dajuma La’ah

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Senator representing Southern Kaduna district, Dajuma La’ah, yesterday accused the police and other security agents of raiding his Kaduna residence with a lorry load of armed personnel.

The senator said the armed men arrested some of his relations while valuable documents and other materials were carried away.In a statement by the senator, he said his licenced pump-action gun, which was found in his house was also taken away.

According to him, his ordeal in the hands of security men started in Abuja, where officials of the Department of State Services (DSS) subjected him to series of humiliations.

He said: “This was in furtherance to the several interrogation and psychological harassment that the DSS officials in Abuja had meted to me since I accused Governor Nasir el-Rufai of bias against the southern Kaduna natives.”

He explained that the armed men, who also included plainclothes policemen numbered about 100.“They came in trucks, buses and pick-up vans around 5:00 am and forced my security man at gunpoint to open the gate. They did not show any search warrant or court order before commencing the destruction of my property.

“They used knives to tear my furniture, broke the louvers of my doors and tossed many things around. The security agents carted away my wristwatches and jewelries belonging to my wife. The men destroyed the ceiling of my bedroom by entering through the roof. The gun that they took away had an official permit which was granted to me in 2008,” he said.

La’ar further narrated that the armed security personnel beat his two nephews, “Friday Batan and Samson Tanko” who were in the house and taken away to an unknown place, saying, “ I am yet to established contact with them”.

Meanwhile, an attempt to confirm the incident with the Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), Aliyu Usman, was unsuccessful, as calls made to his phone was not answered.

Vía The Guardian Nigeria http://ift.tt/2nc71yv


No comments:

Post a Comment